Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows Vista

20190914_140245.jpg

 When I turn it on a blue screen come up. It has hp  invent on the screen and the normal f10 setup and other stuff but it's all scrambled and won't go past it.  

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Windows Vista??? Wow, I feel sorry for you -- time to update your computer...

HP Recommended

20190914_141319.jpg

HP Recommended

Have you tried a different monitor or cable going into the monitor?

HP Recommended

Yes. Both  

HP Recommended

Could be your display port.. Is it plugged into the motherboard display or is it a graphics card? Either way I would not pay to fix that computer and go bury it with the dinosaurs... Pay a 100 bucks on Kijiji (cheaper then fixing your pc) and get an updated used pc...

Someone else could be able to help you but seriously, I wouldn't bother with it...

HP Recommended

I just need some documents and pictures off the hard drive and I'm done with it.  It's not a computer I would ever use. Lol  

HP Recommended

Generally if you have another desktop you can just plug this hard drive into a working pc, you can use it as a secondary drive and transfer files from your old hard drive onto the working pc's hard drive... or get an external 3.5 inch external encloser (get them on amazon for like 10 to 20 bucks) and plug it into a usb port on a working pc and transfer the files you want over...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.