Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Blue scrambled screen.

Microsoft Windows Vista

20190914_140245.jpg

 When I turn it on a blue screen come up. It has hp  invent on the screen and the normal f10 setup and other stuff but it's all scrambled and won't go past it.  

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Level 1
11 10 0 1
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Blue scrambled screen.

Windows Vista??? Wow, I feel sorry for you -- time to update your computer...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Blue scrambled screen.

20190914_141319.jpg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
11 10 0 1
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Blue scrambled screen.

Have you tried a different monitor or cable going into the monitor?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Blue scrambled screen.

Yes. Both  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
11 10 0 1
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Blue scrambled screen.

Could be your display port.. Is it plugged into the motherboard display or is it a graphics card? Either way I would not pay to fix that computer and go bury it with the dinosaurs... Pay a 100 bucks on Kijiji (cheaper then fixing your pc) and get an updated used pc...

Someone else could be able to help you but seriously, I wouldn't bother with it...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Blue scrambled screen.

I just need some documents and pictures off the hard drive and I'm done with it.  It's not a computer I would ever use. Lol  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
11 10 0 1
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Blue scrambled screen.

Generally if you have another desktop you can just plug this hard drive into a working pc, you can use it as a secondary drive and transfer files from your old hard drive onto the working pc's hard drive... or get an external 3.5 inch external encloser (get them on amazon for like 10 to 20 bucks) and plug it into a usb port on a working pc and transfer the files you want over...

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation