Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavillion 570-p088na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Tried to do a full restore on my computer, I switched it off and when it came back on a got this error message. It won't let me reboot, help!!1546978064885279312292325683206.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Try the system image recovery option.

If that doesn't work, you are going to have to clean install W10 using the guidance I posted previously.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hi:

Press the F2 key to run the system diagnostics.

It is possible the hard drive has failed.

HP Recommended

Hi I'm on this screen now. I tried following this earlier but without joy, can you advise?

I did a quick hard drive check and it said everything passed. 

15469784188423363769437340012007.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi:

If it did the hard drive check and it passed, then see if this works...

Restart the PC, and tap the ESC key at the beginning of the HP welcome screen to get the menu of options.

Select the F10 setup option and press the enter key.

There should be a menu to set the BIOS settings to their defaults.

Under the File menu, use the down arrow key to select Apply Defaults and Exit, then press Enter.

If that doesn't get the PC to boot up,  you will have to reinstall W10 and I have an alternative way for you to do that beside the factory reset option.

HP Recommended

Hi 

I've just done exactly that but it comes back up with that same blue error screen.

😞 

Next steps?

HP Recommended

OK...

Next step...clean install W10 as follows...

You can make a W10 USB flash drive installer with the Microsoft Media Creation Tool, using an 8 GB flash drive using another Windows PC, if your PC is not working.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

If you are asked to enter a product key during the installation process, select the 'I don't have a product key' option, and W10 will install and automatically activate once you are connected to the internet.

Here are the steps to create the W10 USB flash drive installer...

1. Select Download tool now, and select Run.
  2. If you agree to the license terms, select Accept.
  3. On the What do you want to do? page, select Create installation media for another PC, and then select Next.
  4. Select the language, edition, and architecture (64-bit or 32-bit) for Windows 10. You want 64 bit.

5. Select which media you want to use:
  6. USB flash drive.  Plug in a blank USB flash drive with at least 8GB of space. Any content on the flash drive will be deleted. 

Then you can reinstall the drivers and available software from the PC's support page.

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-570-p000-desktop-pc-series/13823514/mod...

HP Recommended

Thankyou, just sorting the usb now. I would install the drivers into the same usb is that right?

Can you advise what the next step would be?

Very grateful!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You first run the media creation tool to create the W10 installer.

Plug the installer in a USB port.

Turn on the PC and tap the ESC key to get the menu of options.

Select the F9 boot options menu, and from that, select the USB flash drive, and  press the Enter key.

The PC should boot from the flash drive.

After W10 installs, then you install the drivers.

You may want to use a different flash drive for those if you have one, and save the W10 installer for future needs.

HP Recommended

Hi

I now have these options but it won't allow me to use some of them?

Screenshot_20190108-225114_Gallery.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi:

Try the system image recovery option.

If that doesn't work, you are going to have to clean install W10 using the guidance I posted previously.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.