Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Updated to Windows 10 from Windows 8 last week now the computer will not start up. Black screen that stats the following....

Boot Device Not Found

Please install an operating system on your hard disk.

Hard Disk (3F0)

F2 System Diagnostic

Anyone else have this issue? Any advice would be great appreciate! I'm clueless and unable to find information on the internet and the problem.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Well the first thing is to do is the recommended and run the F2 System Diagnostic from that screen.  If that fails to run the Diagnostics routine, then there is another way to have it run.

To run the Diagnostics routine, Start tapping the Esc key BEFORE starting the PC and then press the start button.
Keep tapping the Esc key until a popup menu shows. Then pick Diagnostics from that popup menu, F2.
Report back with the results.

The most common reason for that problem showing up is the hard drive has failed, but there could be other reasons.

There could be a media card in the card reader, or a CD/DVD in the DVD/CD drive.  Or some other device is connected that the BIOS has tried to get the Windows to load, so disconnect other devices until this is solved (except the keyboard and mouse)

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

No unfortunately this didn't work...

HP Recommended

I'm sorry but you are going to have to explain what you did and then what happened.

I cannot even begin to help you when you post "No unfortunately this didn't work..."

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.