Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 790-0812no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So, most of the time when I play Fortnite. The computer decides to lock up by stop sending signal to my monitors like there is no cable plugged in, stop the sound and stop responding. The only choice is to force the computer to shut off. But then after starting it up again I am greeted with a scary screen of Boot Device not found. The only known way I have fixed it the past two times is by going into the BIOS Setup and saving everything as the default settings.

Does anyone know why this happens? I am really annoyed by this.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

On the surface it looks like a graphics card problem: you lose video and sound. But it may be a failing HDD problem. Do you see the "No Boot Device" error message when you restart your PC using normal Windows system restarts?

Additional thoughts; I would suggest reseating power and data cables to the HDD if you see a "No Boot Disk" error under a cold system start or Windows restart scenarios.

I would run HP boot time hardware diagnostics (Link) to see any failing device(s) are detected.

Your PC has a UEFI BIOs. Tap "ESC' at boot.

Then select "F2". Run all hardware tests.

Are you in warranty status?

You may have to contact HP for warranty support (Link).

Regards

HP Recommended

Sorry I haven't checked this post in a while. But this only happens when the computer locks up and I have to force shut it off.

Normal restarts and everything work just as intended.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.