Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Boot device not found

When I turn on my desktop a message appears “Boot Device Not Found, Please install an operating system on your hard disk. Hardisk - (3f0)” how do I fix this I have tried all of hp’s steps and tips and they aren’t compatible with bios 1.8.0.0ihave also asked the virtual assistant for help, but still the problem is not fixed

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
26,476 26,431 2,200 3,373
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Boot device not found

@Marcus1212113

Thank you for choosing the HP Support Forums, a community energized by solutions, as we are eager to help resolve your concerns,

I am Riddle_Decipher and I'm at your service (Like a Genie, however, without magic powers) 😉

Have you performed a hard reset on the laptop?

If not, you may want to start with that, click here for details.

If you've done the power/hard reset and yet the issue persists, let's skip to step 2:

Step 2: Restore BIOS default settings

To restore the BIOS default setting, open the BIOS Setup screen.

1. Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.

2. Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.

3. On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.

4. Press F10 to Save and Exit.

5. Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?

6. Follow the prompts to restart your computer.

If the error message displays proceed to the next step.

If the issue persists, Step 3: Test the hard drive using HP PC Hardware Diagnostics

Use HP PC Hardware Diagnostics even if the computer does not open to Windows. Start with the Quick Test (2 to 3 minutes). If the Quick Test does not find a problem, run the Extensive Test (2 hours or more). The Extensive Test includes a Loop Until Error option.

NOTE: 

If the test cannot run and the Hard Disk Does Not Exist message displays, contact HP Customer Support for assistance.

1. Plug the AC adapter into the computer.

2. Press the Power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

3. Turn on the computer and start pressing Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
  4. When the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics menu displays, click Component Tests.

HP PC Hardware Diagnostic UEFI screen

5. In the Component Tests menu, click Hard Drive.

6. Click Quick Test.

7. Click Run once. If the computer has more than one hard drive, click Test All Hard Drives.

The Quick Test begins.

Running the Hard Drive Quick Test

8. If the computer has more than one hard drive, select the drive you want to test. To test all the hard drives, select Test All Hard Drives.

When a test is complete, the results display on the screen. Test results are also available in the Test Logs on the main menu.

9. If the hard drive passes the Quick Test, but a problem still exists with the hard drive, run the Extensive Test. This test includes the SMART Check, Short DST, Optimized DST, and Long DST. To run a specific test, select it from the Hard Drive Tests menu.

If the hard drive fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code). Have it available when you contact HP Customer Support. The information is also available in Test Logs on the main menu.

If the test passes but the error message continues to display, proceed to the next step.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE & SKIP TO STEP 4 ONWARD

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Boot device not found

This did not help the problem. I have Bios version 1.8.0.0, if can help me with my problem with that version of Bios that will help greatly 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14,581 14,559 933 932
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Boot device not found

@Marcus1212113

It looks like you were interacting with @Riddle_Decipher, but he is out for the day. I'm KrazyToad & I'm at your service. 

Did you run the Hard drive test? May I know what was the outcome of the test?

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Boot device not found

This didn't work. I am getting BootDevice Not Found Please install an operating system on your hard disk. Hard Disk - (3F0) This machine worked perfectly with Win 10, but due to certain situations, I had to replace it with Win 7 64 bit. 640 G2.
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation