Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 23

I've had my computer for a couple years now and it's been giving me troubles and every time I get the trouble I just reset it but it's to the point where I can't even get onto my computer to reset it every time I turn it on I get the error message boot device not found and I don't know what to do at this point.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

That message usually indicates the hard drive has failed.  You can try to verify that by running he F2 diagnostics.  While starting the PC by pressing the power button, start tapping the "Esc" key just before the start(power) button.  Keep  tapping the "Esc" until a popup menu appears.   Then pick the F2 diagnostics.  Report back with those results.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

I did everything you told me to do and it said smart check not installed or short dst not installed

HP Recommended

While that is not the exact results I was expecting, it still most likely means the hard drive has failed and did not respond to the testing routine.  If you plan to do the work yourself, then replace the hard drive and reinstall Windows.

With a product name of Pavilion 23, I assume it to be an AIO. 

For better help and to see if that model has the option of the HP Cloud Recovery Tool, the complete model number is needed.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thank you 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.