Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Beats Special Edition 23-n011na All-in-One Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi,

I bought new hard drive and I want to install new Windows 10. I created installation media on USB flash drive to perform a clean installation. 

The problem is - I can't manage to boot from this USB drive. What am I doing wrong?
Please see the pictures below.

P.S. I'm sorry some of the pictures are upside down.

20190424_201513.jpg20190424_205837.jpg20190425_095442.jpg20190424_212511.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

All of your settings look fine to me.

The PC should boot from the Kingston USB flash drive when you press the Enter key.

Why it isn't, unfortunately that I do not know.

You may want to try downloading the ISO file instead, burn it to a DVD and see if you can boot from the DVD.

You would leave the settings the same as they are now.

To boot from the DVD, you would put the arrow next to the SATA 1 selection below the DVD drive.

I have zipped up and attached the Microsoft utility that will transfer the ISO file to a DVD so that it is bootable, or you can use a DVD burning program that burns ISO files so they are bootable.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

All of your settings look fine to me.

The PC should boot from the Kingston USB flash drive when you press the Enter key.

Why it isn't, unfortunately that I do not know.

You may want to try downloading the ISO file instead, burn it to a DVD and see if you can boot from the DVD.

You would leave the settings the same as they are now.

To boot from the DVD, you would put the arrow next to the SATA 1 selection below the DVD drive.

I have zipped up and attached the Microsoft utility that will transfer the ISO file to a DVD so that it is bootable, or you can use a DVD burning program that burns ISO files so they are bootable.

HP Recommended

Yes, I thought the same, to create an ISO file instead. Although I tried this bootable USB flash drive on my old hard disk and it did start the new windows instalation. I will try again. Thanks for your help.

By the way I am upgrading my hard disk from SATA to the new SSD hard disk. Is this a problem? I wonder if my PC is compatible.
Thanks.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I don't believe that installing a SSD will be a problem at all in a PC of that age.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.