Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Hp Omen 880-010
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Was trying to access the BIOS settings and now my computer won't fully boot up, and I'm not sure what to do to fix it. I've tried researching it myself, but can't find much relevant information. The tower and fans and everything turn on, but nothing else. Any advice? Relatively new, so if you can explain it as if to a layman I would appreciate it. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hard telling what got changed.  Here is an easy way to look at the settings

Start tapping the Esc key and then press the start button. Keep tapping the Esc key until a popup menu shows.

From that popup menu pick F10.  Use the right arrow key to move to the "Exit" tab, then the down arrow to the "Load Setup Defaults"  Then press "Enter"   then "Enter" again at the popup with "Yes" highlighted.  Then press  F10 10 to "exit and save"

Restart the PC to see if that fixed the problem and report back with results.  Make note of what happens during this restart so you can report if things are still "Not Right"

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Thanks for replying. So I tried that just in case, but my display isn't coming up at all. The tower is turning on, the fans are running, but my keyboard doesn't light up and my display is not registering a signal at all, and I know for sure that it works just fine. 

So maybe I can be more specific. I was attempting to enter the BIOS settings, but my computer would not pull them up, my display would just go dark and not register a signal. I was looking online for tips alternate way to access bios because there's a millions different ways apparently, and someone had said that hold the Windows + B keys and then holding the power button for a couple seconds should bring it up. But ever since I've tried that, I've been stuck where I am now. I've never even made it into the BIOS settings, for some reason my computer isn't doing it. I don't want to do anything else in fear of messing it up even more. 

HP Recommended

So from what you are saying, you did not try the method it gave in the earlier post.

Do this - unplug the unit from the wall outlet, hold down/in the start button for 15 seconds.  Plug the unit back in and use the method I outlined my the earlier post.  Then report back with the results.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Yes, I tried everything in order. Making several different attempts at accessing the BIOS, including the one you mentioned. But I have determined the issue, thank you for your help. 

HP Recommended

Please share "But I have determined the issue"

I'm not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.