cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
5 3 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Boot password

HP Recommended
HP 18

Hi everyone,

I am experiencing the same issue than the depicted in the following article: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Administrator-Password-or-Power-Password/m-p/...

index.jpg

Have here the machine details:

index2.jpg

Can you please provide the password I should use for this?

Thanks and regards,

Nicolás

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 12
7,692 7,654 330 692
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi

If you enter a passcode 3 times and get an ERROR code, and post it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, thanks for the quick response.

What I get if I either type three wrong passwords or three times Enter key is just an asterisk.

25-1-2019 12-06-26 p- m-.png

Restarting the machine leaves me in the same place. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
4 2 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have an envy AIO 27 r255qd and I have the same problem. I i know the bios password but I just set the power on password a few days ago and promptly forgot it. I took the machine apart and found the clear cmos jumper like most pcs have,  and I set that and even waited for an hour. I it reset the bios settings it said during post,  but didn't clear the power on password!  I help! 

Cheers and good day to you,
Aaron
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
5 3 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi everyone,

I finally had to disassembly the machine; after removing a shield fixed by a bolt with a spring, I found a "passwd" jumper. I just had to boot the machine with such jumper moved to the short circuit position (given the two default pins, to move the jumper to the central and other side pin). And that's all! Problem solved.

Hope this helps!

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation