Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
07-06-2020 06:24 PM - edited 07-06-2020 06:28 PM
My pc always starts up with SMART hard disk error "The SMART hard disk check has detected immenent failure..." and asks me to back up and run diagnostics. I try that and it doesn't work. So I usually skip it and continue using my pc. But when I use it, the wifi doesn't stay working and turns on and off constantly. When I start it up, the wifi works for a while then turns off, and when I try to connect back it rarely does. Sometimes it'll come back on automatically but that's rare too. The pc doesn't have any problems other than the wifi once I skip the error at start up. I just want the wifi to work consistently. Please help.
07-09-2020 01:06 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:
- Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
- Have you made any hardware/software changes?
- What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824
While you respond to that, let's try these steps:
Firstly, perform Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8.
Next step, BIOS default:
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer. Once it's done perform hard drive test...
- Plug the AC adapter into the computer.
- Press the Power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
- Turn on the computer and start pressing Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
- When the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics menu displays, click Component Tests.
- In the Component Tests menu, click Hard Drive.
- Click the Quick Test.
- Click Run once. If the computer has more than one hard drive, click Test All Hard Drives. The Quick Test begins.
- If the computer has more than one hard drive, select the drive you want to test. To test all the hard drives, select Test All Hard Drives.
When a test is complete, the results display on the screen. Test results are also available in the Test Logs on the main menu.
If the hard drive passes the Quick Test, but a problem still exists with the hard drive, run the Extensive Test. This test includes the SMART Check, Short DST, Optimized DST, and Long DST. To run a specific test, select it from the Hard Drive Tests menu.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community