Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Boot up issues after upgrading video card / memory

HP Pavilion h8-1234
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Yesterday I installed new memory and a new upgraded video card

memory:  G. Skill Ripjaws X Series 16 GB (sx 8GB) 240 pin DDR3

Video card:  EVGA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti - Gaming ACX 3.0 (dual fan)

Installed memory first with no issues.

I deleted the Radeon video card drivers from my PC, then installed the video card and booted up.  I immediately got the screen below, but hitting the ESC button doesn't do anything. I have to let it run and it eventually goes to the bios menu after a few minutes. From there I  can move on to Windows or go into bios. I was able to get the driver disc to install the drivers for the new card. My system shows the card and the memory is installed and working.  However, anytime I boot the PC I have to go through this process to get to Windows after several minutes. Plus, if anything the performance of my  PC once in Windows 8 is the same, if not a little worse then before upgrading.  I am not sure what the issue is and why this happens. It seems the card is compatible, but so not sure if its bios thing or what. Any advice on this would be appreciated. 

start up screen.jpg

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation