Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Z2 Mini G3 Workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a Z2mini G3 Performance Workstation that is stuck at bootup showing  HP Secured by HP Sure Start logo.

I can't get into any of the menu's, if I attempt to open one of the F button menu's it shows the request on the screen so is recognising the input but doesn't move from the HP logo screen.

I'm suspecting a failed hard drive at this point.

Thank you in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It isn't any kind of behaver I have come across before, none of the F button menus were working.

I did try the SSD in another PC and also had issues booking so installed a new SSD and everything is working now. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

It could be something has failed and can be verified by running the Diagnostics routine.

To run the Diagnostics routine, Start tapping the Esc key BEFORE starting the PC and then press the start button.
Keep tapping the Esc key until a popup menu shows. Then pick Diagnostics from that popup menu, F2.
Report back with the results.  If that shows the hard drive and the other hardware to pass, then something else is interfering with the boot up.

Next step would be to look at this document

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06979955

This has a place where a solution to what you describe listed under "Resolution".  See if that helps.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Hi

I have tried this and it shows on the screen Entering Startup Menu but goes no further, I can't get into any of the boot/bios menus.

Thanks

HP Recommended

To verify - you did as instructed to get to the popup menu. IE:

Start tapping the Esc key BEFORE starting the PC and then press the start button.
Keep tapping the Esc key until a popup menu shows.

Did that popup menu actually show or not?

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Correct, I see the action has been received as it displays on the screen but the pop up menu never shows.

HP Recommended

Interesting.  I have not seen that action before.

If you use the F10 instead of the Esc, does that change anything?

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

It isn't any kind of behaver I have come across before, none of the F button menus were working.

I did try the SSD in another PC and also had issues booking so installed a new SSD and everything is working now. 

HP Recommended

That is an interesting outcome.  The actions concerning getting into any of those popup menus (BIOS, Set-up etc) is supposed to happen before the OS is started, so I would have thought the SSD was not called upon, yet.

Thank you for reporting the solution, however. Just goes to show that you can learn something new every day.

I'm not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.