Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I am not able to find the CMOS battery location in HP Laptop 14-dq2088wm
please let me know where it is located on the motherboard or it is inbuilt in laptop main battery

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @IF25,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

In most laptops, including HP models, the CMOS battery is typically located on the motherboard. However, it can sometimes be challenging to access, as it's usually situated beneath other components and may require partial disassembly of the laptop.

To locate the CMOS battery in your HP Laptop 14-dq2088wm, you'll likely need to follow these steps.

• Prepare for Disassembly: Before you start, ensure the laptop is turned off and unplugged. Also, make sure you're working on a clean, static-free surface.
  • Remove the Battery: If your laptop has a removable battery, take it out first. This step may not be applicable if your laptop has an internal battery.
  • Remove the Bottom Panel: Most laptops have a bottom panel that can be removed to access internal components. You may need to unscrew several screws securing the panel in place. Keep track of these screws, as they may be different sizes.
  • Locate the CMOS Battery: Once you have the bottom panel removed, look for a small coin-sized battery on the motherboard. It's usually a silver or black cylinder. It may be held in place by a clip or a small plastic holder.
  • Replace the CMOS Battery (If Necessary): If you're experiencing issues with your laptop's BIOS settings or system clock, replacing the CMOS battery may resolve them. Carefully remove the old battery and replace it with a new one of the same type.
  • Reassemble the Laptop: After replacing the CMOS battery (if needed), carefully reattach the bottom panel and secure it with the screws. If you removed the main battery, reinsert it as well.

Remember, accessing internal components of a laptop can void your warranty and requires careful handling to avoid damaging any parts.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.