Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello all,

I just upgraded an old Hp-pavilion AY627AA-ABA a4313w CPU from the AMD le-1250 to an AMD Phenom II x4 955. The problem is that when booting up, after the HP screen, it gives the error message "unsupported cpu. Shutting down". But if I repeatedly hit the F2 key, the computer will boot into Windows 10 no problem. I checked the BIOS and I think (?) it's up to date (v. 5.55 from Dec. 2009). The CPU is recognized in the device manager and I've run Windows update several times to no avail.

Has anyone seen/solved an issue like this before?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@BryGuy99 Welcome to HP Community!

Here's all you need to know about the error - "CPU Not Supported",

Click here for details on why the error occurs

(Related post)

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@BryGuy99 Welcome to HP Community!

Here's all you need to know about the error - "CPU Not Supported",

Click here for details on why the error occurs

(Related post)

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.