Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteDesk 800 G6 Desktop Mini PC (8WY27AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

My CPU is a 35W Ryzen 5600GE. Once I started my computer, I found out that the CPU voltage  running under 1.35v-1.4V and the temperature is between 75-80C. I don't know what is the reason caused the problem? Is there any solution to solve the problem?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Jacky414 

Welcome to the HP Forum.

It sounds like the system is undervolting the CPU in an attempt to reduce the very high idle temps you are seeing. The 5600GE has a 35  watt TDP. It should not be running this hot at idle.

75 degrees or above would be an expected CPU temp when running Prime95.

I would check CPU fan operation and reapply CPU thermal paste. 

Or try a different CPU cooler.

You may have a CPU problem if you can't control idle CPU temps.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.