Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ProDesk 600 G1 SFF
Linux

Hi there!

I can't access BIOS setup (F10) in BIOS. The computer does boot to BIOS but pressing F10 opens up a setup with "Port Configuration Menu" and "NIC Configuration" options (see attached picture below) instead of BIOS setup. I tried to reset BIOS by replacing the CMOS battery but that didn't do any good. Any ideas how to fix this?

IMG_0079.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

so you just bought a used mobo that it? from ebay or amazon.

history?

my wild guess, there is jumper on the mOBO marked FACTORY test mode,  turn that off.

that is the only time I have ever seen BIOS dead, RTC coin good.

nor can you reach BIOS page one and do BIOS reset to HP defaults either I guess.

good luck finding this.

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

Thanks for you response. The computer was bought as new a few years ago and has original motherboard. I was able to reach BIOS page one. I created a bootable BIOS update USB stick and updated BIOS (Utilities -> Flash System ROM). Now BIOS works normally. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.