Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I can't boot from usb, which contain my window setup, and I can't find the usb boot option, even I have enable and disable legacy boot, my ssd is empty, and I have tried many ways but it didn't help, help pls, thank you

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi

First off, did you make the USB from here...

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

To get started, you will first need to have a license to install Windows 10. You can then download and run the media creation tool. For more information on how to use the tool, see the instructions below.

Normally a PC will try and boot from the first selected device. then if that fails move to the second one etc etc.
BIOS Boot One.pngSo I have the DVD first, but with no DVD available it just goes thre until it boots from the HDD.

So if you have an SSD with no OS on it then it gets skipped and moves to the USB which also fails because it's...????

HP Recommended

I have download and do try that, doesn't work either

HP Recommended

I have tried it and it also failed, but let me try and look again

HP Recommended

Nah didn't work at all

HP Recommended

Sometimes it's the LH port side Port that is the preferred option.

But just take it to a shop for repairs and pay for fix.

Had you have been more interactive and posted some piccies of the BIOS/Boot screen then maybe it would have been worth retrying.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.