Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can't find logs saved from running Extensive HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) test

HP Envy Desktop 750-137c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My computer randomly locks up.  I ran the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) extensive test.  I saved the logs but I don't know where are the C: drive they are stored.  Can you help me?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 15
28,004 27,539 1,809 5,043
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can't find logs saved from running Extensive HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) test

Hi,

The diagnostics logs are in a locked partition which is normally not viewable and for good reason.

Create the HP UEFI Diagnostics flash drive and boot it up. You can access the logs and rerun the diagnostics. Then if necessary save the logs to the flash drive and then access them from another device.

I use another bootable flash device that has the ability to access protected partitions. Check with some HD imaging product manufacturers and see what they willing to offer you.

HP Photosmart 6520
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 10 x64
Custom PC - Z390, i7-9700K, 32GB, dual 512 GB NVMe, dual 512 SSDs, 2K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 2080TI 11GB
0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your response.  I'll give your suggestions a try.

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation