Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
05-08-2020 08:07 AM - edited 05-08-2020 08:07 AM
I will never buy another HP nor will I buy from Staples! They gave me a number to call HP. Have to go through virtual assistant to get a case number. Well my computer will not stay operating long enough to go through the virtual assistant! I bought it 5 months ago!! So how do you get help? Can you not talk to a real person? My computer keeps shutting down and has a blue screen code "K Mode Exception Not Handled". I am so frustrated. 5 month old computer, really???
05-08-2020 09:39 AM
You don't need the virtual assistant - you do need to know your serial number.
You can create your online case using the website / instructions provided to create that case.
You can also make use of the Facebook connection (link below).
HP Technical Support – Contact Information
➡️ Open website HP World-Wide Support
Select your region and follow the prompts
Option – Regions
USA / Canada
➡️ Submit information / case online: Contact HP Support – Assistance Portal
- Sign in or continue as a guest
- For faster support, first submit information / case online HP Customer Support UK
- If still available > Contact by Phone: Contact HP UK – Phone Assist
➡️ Option - HP Support is on Facebook!
HP Support does not publicly post contact numbers. Please submit your case online
- Provide all the requested information
- Explain the problem > Ask for help
- Submit the case
- After the case is submitted, Contact information for your area will be displayed on your screen
- Wait times can be long – Response centers are very busy.
- Use the serial number of the device to submit the case (do not post that information on the Community).
- Chat is not available in every region. In those areas where Chat is an option, Chat service hours are likely restricted.
- HP will advise you when there is a fee for phone support and / or other services when your computer / device is no longer under warranty. This is normal business practice.
- HP may tell you that certain services are not covered under warranty. This is normal business practice. Standard Warranty typically covers specific hardware issues as explained in the Warranty contract. Care Pack coverage and warranties differ by contract package.
- Contact information is displayed on your screen after you submit your case online.
- HP websites are the only ones allowed to use the HP copyright circle/logo. Look for the copyright on any website claiming to be HP. If in doubt, scroll to the bottom of the Website to find HP copyright logo.
NOTE: If the single-system-check fails to find your device, use the "multiple devices" method to
check single or multiple devices.
- If necessary, Select your Country on the main website page or at the bottom (click Flag)
- Scroll down > To the right of Check multiple warranties, Click Continue
- Enter the Serial Number and Country for one or more devices / systems to be checked
- Check the box to verify you are "Not a robot"
- Click Submit (at bottom of list entries)
- When the page opens, Click View Details
NOTE: The online database results do not impact the actual contract.
Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.
We are a world community of volunteers dedicated to supporting HP technology
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community