Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
z400 workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My workstation is bios v3.07.  I want to update to v3.60.  All of the file locations I have tried are no valid.  Does someone have a copy that I can get?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Hi, @Larpr

Use the v3.60 that REO51ST posted and update the BIOS in DOS.

That way it doesn't matter what operating system you are running.

Here's how...

On that model it is very easy to do.

1.  Get a USB flash drive and format it with the FAT 32 file system.

2.  Download and run the v3.60 BIOS file from HP (sp75723).

3. An information page will open that gives several different ways to update the BIOS.

4. Read the instructions listed under the F10 Setup BIOS flashing section.  This is the easiest and safest way to update.

F10 Setup BIOS Flashing

The HP Business Desktop system supported by this softpaq provides a BIOS upgrade option through F10 setup using the "Flash System ROM" feature.  Reboot the PC and press F10 to enter setup.  In the File menu, select the "Flash System ROM" item.  This flash utility will present the user with the option to select the media containing the BIOS image file (XXX_MMmm.bin).  The binary image file is contained in the DOS Flash directory and is named XXX_MMmm.bin where "XXX" is the abbreviated BIOS family, "MM" is the major version number, and "mm" is the minor version number.  F10 ROM based flash can accept the binary file from the root directory of any removable media such as USB or legacy floppy diskette.  The user is prompted when the process is completed.  The new BIOS code will not take effect until the PC is rebooted.

5. Copy the contents of the DOS Flash folder to your formatted USB flash drive.

6. Restart the PC, and tap the F10 key at the beginning of the HP welcome screen to get access to the BIOS.

7.  Select the File tab>Flash system ROM command.

8. Select the USB flash drive, and the PC should 'see' the BIOS update files.

9. Follow the on screen instructions to update the BIOS.

Make sure you read the BIOS release notes to decide if you really need to update the BIOS.

There is an old saying...'If it is not broke, don't fix it."

HP Recommended

Thank you REO, bios was there and I updated without any problems.

HP Recommended

Thanks Paul

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.