11-10-2017 06:20 PM
Power up the pc and pressed ESC to access system recovery with F11. Brought me to black page with some details showing and 'startup menu' on lower right. Then can't proceed from there.
Please help am getting very desperate here
11-12-2017 02:18 PM - edited 11-12-2017 02:22 PM
Good Day. Thank you for taking an interest in the HP community. I understand that you require assistance regarding the computer not booting to Windows. I will be really glad to assist you here. 🙂
Fabulous description and superb diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. )
- Did you try to perform a hard reset on the computer?
For no try these steps:
- Perform a hard reset on the computer from this link: http://hp.care/2nwQ054 then try pressing the escape key after powering on the computer and access recovery manager page. THen check if goes to this screen to perform a recovery. if it does not then contact HP phone support to order recovery media by following these steps:
HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://hp.care/2r9wSvP
- Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.
- Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.
- Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.
- Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.
They will be happy to assist you immediately.
If the unit is under warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of it for you.
Then perform a recovery from this guided troubleshooter link: http://hp.care/2zDy9Nu and this should fix the issue if it is not hardware related.
Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient.Going by your technical expertise and competence I am sure you will be able to perform these steps without breaking a sweat.
Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.
To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.
Take care now and have a superb week ahead. 🙂
I am an HP Employee