Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 500-512ng
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everybody,

I had to replace the battery of my Pavilion 500-512ng motherboard. Now the BIOS language is German. There is no option in the BIOS itself to change it back to English. How can I do that?

Thanks ahead!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hey there! @berliner76, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand you need to know how to change BIOS language from German to English on your PC.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Please try the steps recommended below.

Restart the Unit and keep tapping the F10 Key.

After you log into BIOS Setup, move to 4th Tab on the right and Press Enter key.

This should bring up the language menu and you will be able to change it accordingly.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The 4th tab says "Advanced" (in German) and the first option there is about boot options (POST etc.) - no option to change the language.

Any other ideas?

HP Recommended

Hi @berliner76,

I read the response completely. Superb effort and fabulous persistence displayed to try and resolve the issue. Kudos to you on that score. As @A4Apollo is out of office for the day, I am jumping in to assist you here.

Please check these HP forum links for further assistance.

Link 1: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/How-to-change-Japanese-bios-to-...

Link 2: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/How-to-change-BIOS-language-fro...

If the issue persists, please download the latest English version of the bios and install it from this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-500-500-desktop-pc-series/7477729/model... and this should do the trick for you. Please remember to select the correct operating system before performing the bios update.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a superb week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

It took me a long time to get to it - but today I finally did. The HP support page for my model offers a new BIOS version (A0.12) from May 18th 2017 (shortly after my original post). I downloaded it and when I run it, it asks me:

Which system BIOS you want to execute? 

(1) HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 2B2C) BIOS v80.08 
(2) HP Consumer Desktop PC BIOS Update (ROM Family SSID 2B2C) BIOS vA0.12 

I don't really understand the difference, but since the support page for the 500-512ng lists the latest BIOS as "A0.12", I tried this one first. The computer restarted and immediately entered BIOS update mode (in German...). It failed because the update's image "failed the test" (my translation from German).

When it restarted again, I noticed that the current (German) BIOS says: "Revision/Datum: v80.07 12/28/2016" - So I tried to do the update again, this time choosing option #1 (v80.09). It restarted as expected, entered update mode, but again "the image failed the test".

What am I doing wrong...?

Many thanks ahead!

HP Recommended

Does anybody have any idea?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.