Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Checking Media Presence,,Media Present,,,,Start PXE over IPv6 (hard drive not showing in boot menu)

Envy Phoenix 810-170st
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

>>Checing Media Presence....>>Media Present.....>>Start PXE over IPv6 comes up when restarting my computer.  I've gone to the boot menu and the options are:

UEFI Boot Sources

USB Floppy/CD

USB Hard Drive

UEFI:  IPv6 Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

UEFI:  IPv4 Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

Windows Boot Manager

UEFI:  ST3000DM001-1CH166

Realtek PXE B08 DOO  :  Disabled

Legacy Boot Sources  :  Disabled

The hard drive has passed every test and is working fine.  The computer will eventually boot  from the hard drive but it takes a few minutes.  Can you please help me with the order I need for my computer??  Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 9
5,904 5,889 204 520
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Checking Media Presence,,Media Present,,,,Start PXE over IPv6 (hard drive not showing in boot menu)

Hi

My preference would be

UEFI Boot Sources

Windows Boot Manager

USB Floppy/CD

USB Hard Drive

Realtek PXE B08 DOO  :  Disabled

Legacy Boot Sources  :  Disabled

Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thanks so much for your response.  Forgive my ignorance but I do have a question.  I can only list the ST3000DM001-1CH166 once,,so do I just put the other IPv4 and IPv6 GBE Family Controller's under eachother??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hello again!!  I just left out the 2nd listing of ST3000DM001 and it worked perfectly.  Thank you so much for taking the time to help!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 9
5,904 5,889 204 520
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Prego.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I have this same error, but my options are different in BIOS for my boot order.  Can anyone tell me how I should rearrange them?

I don't think I can move Legacy abobe UEFI, and the subcategories need to stay inside UEFI and Legacy.

UEFI Boot Sources

USB Floppy/CD

USB Hard Drive

UEFI IPv4 Realtek

UEFI IPv6 Realtek

Legacy Boot Sources

ATAPI CD/DVD Drive

USB Floppy/CD

Hard Drive

SATA 2

SATA 0

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation