Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 23-q100 All-in-One Desktop PC series (Touch)

Hi there

I have a HP Pavilion 23-q100 All-in-One Desktop PC series (Touch) and was wandering how i tested the battery?

Recently the small button on the bottom right on the screen ie the on button that lights up has been flickering and thus computer not shutting down properly and not turning on the whole time.

I have done the reset ie unplug the power cord hold the on/off button for 5 seconds and then connected it again but sometimes it still doesnt switch on ok and screen is black.

This morning i took the socket out the battery and then put back in again and the computer turned on ok but was just wandering what the problem was and could be that i need a new computer battery? The computer is 5 years old and has never had a new one and i use it every day.

However this flickering light could be due to another problem, im not sure.

Thanks for your help

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

desktops are not battery powered laptops so only has  $1 CR2032 coin cell inside,

RTC coin.

below 2.9vdc is bad coin and can not be recharged and if tried to it bursts and leaks acids.

what matters is all symtoms told, like

lamps all lamps

and splash screens gone or good.

and fans ,must spin do that, felt , heard or seen.

then HP BIOS ESc key works and then you see BIOS screens if not that is  dead PC, fails to POST Dead PC.

dead PC have 20 causes, not just 1, as many think and are wrong.

one is bad PSU. (or PSU is overloaded x20 reasons) in the macro view just 2, but screens fail too and fans spin.

see?

Your PC has power failure if it will not run off with 10second power button push,  or the AC cord reset.

screen dead.

zero text to  screen, ? zero as in BLACK screen 100%^dead.?

removing the RTC coin only made it worse now the BIOS setting are lost.  but will be needed to corrected later.

I test my RTC in socket with a voltmeter, no need to pull it out and drop dead the whole NVRAM, not me.

ask how to do that, others (wise) lacking $10 meter buy new coin blind at walmart.

then swap it out under 15 second flat,  but if dead already , there is no gain here, NVram is scrambled and boot drive order

is now lost, or if PXE set , must be turned off first in BIOS. (if PXE there, i never work on AIO so...)

NO warranty answers by me.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.