Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 550
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Our desktop Pavilion would not boot up today, showing only the HP logo on the monitor.  

This seemed to happen out of nowhere - the only different thing is that we had to install a new modem and router from Spectrum last night.  Previously the desktop was hard wired to the old modem, but now is connected via Wifi.  It was working just fine last night, and I successfuly installed everything while talking to Spectrum tech support rep.  

Other wireless devices are operational.  

So far I've tried holding the power button down to shut off, then turning back on.  I also unplugged and tried to restart.  Both times, I could hear the computer running but nothing on screen except the logo.   Last, I tried holding down the Windows key and B button to try and check the BIOS, but it would not start up at all.  

It's weird that this happened just after the new modem and router, but it could be coincidental.  

Any help would be appreciated!  

Thank you.  

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@EllyBaBa, welcome to the forum.

What is the full model of the computer?  I need this to review the specifications.  Here is a guide to help you find the model or product number.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Hi --

The full model # is 550-ai37c

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @EllyBaBa.  However, I believe that the model should be 550-a137c.  Is this correct?

HP Recommended

Yes, that is probably correct.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @EllyBaBa.

I believe that the fact the computer won't boot after the modem changes is a coincidence.  The first component that I suspect is the power adapter.  It sounds like there may not be enough power for the computer to fully boot.

I suggest that you give the computer a thorough cleaning inside and outside, also.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.