Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Serial: [edited] Product: F6J54EA#UUW Model: 110-210eo
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

So, as I open my computer, it only shows the HP logo and a error message. It goes between these two and seems to be stuck somehow. As the message says that it is keyboard error, I've tried to put my keyboard to different USB ports but it doesn't help. I don't own any other keyboard and I don't want to buy a new one if it doesn't help. I tried to Google this problems and found out that other people have had this problems but unlike me, their computer has opened normally. Sorry my English is not perfect. Please help. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

The 110-210eo has two front USB 2.0 ports, two rear USB 2.0 ports, and two rear USB 3.0 ports. Have you tried connecting the keyboard to all USB ports?

I see two possible failure points in your situation:

1. The keyboard has failed, replace the keyboard. Can you try this keyboard on a different PC to see if it works?

2. Try the following with the PC off, disconnected from AC power, and in a static (ESD) free environment.You may have a motherboard USB controller problem. You can try clearing CMOS to see if this helps. Instructions on how to clear CMOS using the jumper pins on the motherboard can be reviewed at this HP Support site (Link). Or you can remove the motherboard (MB) CR2032 battery, let the PC sit for about 5 to 10 minutes. It would not hurt to buy a new MB battery.

There is an image of your MB at the above link. The MB battery is located near the RAM slots.

Continued error messages, if you verify the keyboard works or you try a new keyboard that works with other PCs, means you may have a MB USB controller hardware problem.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.