sunshine39
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Computer frozen on screen savor when attempting to wake up from sleep mode

HP Recommended
Pavilion All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

My computer has been frozen for days on the the screen saver when it's waking from sleep mode. I've tried to hard reset it by pressing the power button, that didn't work. I tried unplugging the computer, doesn't work either. Can anyone offer any solutions?

3 REPLIES 3
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
30,743 30,650 2,800 6,761
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@sunshine39 

Holding the power button simply turns it off; that will not do a reset -- because if it did, anyone who accidentally pressed the power button too long would force a RESET of that PC, and that would be bad news.

Try pressing the Esc key repeatedly while rebooting next time.  If it works, it will show and HP Startup Menu and from there, you can select the option to do a reset.

Good Luck

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
sunshine39
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for responding and offering a possible solution. I did try it and unfortunately, it did not resolve the issue. I did seem to find another solution though. Thanks again for the advice!

0 Kudos
WAWood
Level 16
Level 16
30,743 30,650 2,800 6,761
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@sunshine39 

Glad to hear you got it working!

Would you PLEASE share your solution here -- so others running into the same issue can find your solution when they do a search?

Thanks in advance

***If my post helped, click the thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation