Following troubleshooting carried out but no success
1. Hard reset (holding power button down for more then 10 sec with power cable disconnected)
2. Removed the battery from the motherboard and refitted (Battery tested and found to supply 3 V).
3. Removed all hardware and tried to restart.
4. Tried to use a PS/2 type Keyboard (Working keyboard tested on other computer)
5. Tried a brand new Keyboard (Working keyboard tested on other computer)
6. Tried using different USB port.
7. Tried cleaning the USB contact
8. Removed RAM cleaned contact and refitted it
Also please note that when the key board is connected the Caps, scroll lock and Num Lock does not come on when the respective key are press.
When the computer is started with the keyboard connected, upon start the keyboard lights(Caps, scroll lock and Num Lock) flashes but later the keyboard will not respond after the message on the screen is displayed
Please an some one assist
I also tried cleaning all the interior parts but with no success
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".