Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Desktop 110-239
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi, I have an HP Desktop 110 Series(239) computer.

I recently opened up the case, as my cpu was constantly maxing; I cleaned the case fan and cpu fan, and now it will not turn on. I believe I have the cpu fan on the right way and the case fan is on the right way. The fans spin and the USB ports recieve power but I recieve no signal on my monitor and the power button stays black.

If anyone can help, I'd be extremely grateful!

Thanks, Cameron.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You may have "flexed" the motherboard, and cracked it (internally?) when removing/replacing the heat-sink, and broke something in your "multi-layer" motherboard.  Ouch!

Temporarily replace the power-supply.  That is the easiest "part-swap" to try.

Sourcing a different motherboard will be more difficult/expensive, and it may not help.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

There might be a 4-pin lead on a power-cable from the power-supply to a 4-pin socket on the motherboard, close to the socket for the processor, that you may have dislodged, removed, or not reconnected.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, it doesn't seem to work. There are a few 4 pin sockets from the power supply and I've already tried reconnecting all the cables. I've referenced an image of the inside of the computer case for my help, and all the cables are in the correct position as far as I know.

HP Recommended

You may have "flexed" the motherboard, and cracked it (internally?) when removing/replacing the heat-sink, and broke something in your "multi-layer" motherboard.  Ouch!

Temporarily replace the power-supply.  That is the easiest "part-swap" to try.

Sourcing a different motherboard will be more difficult/expensive, and it may not help.

HP Recommended

Thanks, yeah. I've thought that maybe that happened because the motherboard seems to slightly "bend" when I screw in the cpu fan sometimes. The computer CPU/motherboard is an APU so I'd have to get a whole new computer before I could even use it. My other HP computer gets stuck on a booting loop when I start it up, so I'm stuck on my third computer until I can earn $1200 for a new computer. Thanks.

HP Recommended

> CPU/motherboard is an APU.

Well, if it is, then searching on eBay will ONLY find identical CPU/motherboard components.

You could swap-out the old one, and swap-in the new one, without buying a complete computer.

Probably, on eBay, about $150 US -- definitely not $1200 !

HP Recommended

it's $39.99 on ebay for the greenwood ft3  (eBay)

I just took out the motherboard and it does seem a little bent in one part... I will most likely just buy that new motherboard.

HP Recommended

> It's $39.99 on ebay for the greenwood ft3

This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available.

Did you buy it, or did the seller end the listing?

-----------
Welcome to this forum.

Please click the purple/white "Thumbs Up" icon for every response that is helpful.

Also, please click "Accept As Solution" for the best response.

HP Recommended

Yeah I realized that myself as well, that's **bleep**ty. I guess I'm going to have to buy a whole new computer.

HP Recommended

Your system: HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - Motherboard Specifications (Greenwood)

• Manufacturer: Foxconn
  • Manufacturer name: H-Greenwood_FT3
  • HP/Compaq name: Greenwood
  • SSID: 2AE4

eBay: HP 251 450 SERIES AMD E1-2500 MOTHERBOARD 812557-001 812557-501 812557-601 USA

$55 USA, ships from California.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.