Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Slimline 290
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My computer shuts down intermittently. Power button stays lit, but monitor goes dark and no sound. Computer os less than 3 months old.

When it does this, if I tap the power button it seems to try to come on (Monitor comes on for a couple seconds). Goes out again, and power button flashes. If I tap the power button again the computer will come on again, sometimes only for a few minutes, and sometimes for the rest of the day.

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

For the start I would use an utility to see the CPU and Motherboard temps....your problem can be Heat related.

this has nothing to do with OS "age" and if it was installed yesterday..but you can also have a driver problem..make sure your drivers are up to date.

Also try rebooting in Safe Mode and see if the problems appears there too.

Hope this helps!

Mike
HP Pavilion 590-p0026nq, Core i7-8700, 8GB, 1TB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060+Samsung 970 Evo Plus 256 GB NVMe
HP Recommended

Thanks for the info.

I just started a utility called "Speed Fan" ansd will see what it says.

I didn't mean to say that the computer OS is 3 months old, it was a typo. Should have said computer IS 3 months old.

At the moment the computer is working fine. Sometimes it will run all day without a problem. Other times it will die repeatedly.

Do you have any sugestions for a god utility to use beside Speed Fan?

HP Recommended

Try AIDA 64 and Core temp!

3 months is long enough to gather some dust inside there...make sure its all clear of dust!

Good luck!

Mike
HP Pavilion 590-p0026nq, Core i7-8700, 8GB, 1TB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060+Samsung 970 Evo Plus 256 GB NVMe
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.