Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion all in one 24 touch

I have this issue after I accidentally closed something with task manager, PC turn off and said it was going to try to resolve the issue, it was talking too long so I just power it off and now it wont go pass the hp logo boot screen, I have run a dsp test and everything came fine. I think the issue is with the boot sequence, i think that the issue has something to do with my gaming controller when it boots up. I have tried to disconnect all unnecessary items, I've check hard drive and all related things with f2 and everything is fine but why wont pc get pass hp logo screen? I really dont know what the issue is. I've left the PC yesterday after I did all sorts of test and woke up and it's still on the hp boot screen. How can a little task manger close do such a thing to my PC. Anyway I could reset the usb driver info 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi

First:- Turn off the computer, press and hold the PWR button for 4 seconds.

Then - Leave only keyboard and mouse connected, disconnect all externally connected
devices such as Docking Station, USB storage devices, displays, and printers.
Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.

Next - Press and Hold the Power button for 15 seconds to Hard Reset.
Rinse and Repeat

AND/OR - Power on your PC, press Esc (repeatedly), then F2 at the prompt.
Choose System Tests (Fast Test does a 4 minute hardware check).

AND/OR - Windows Logo key + Ctrl + Shift + B
(This key sequence actually restarts you graphics drive(W10 only).)

AND/OR - If you’re using multiple displays, try projecting video to a different monitor.
Press the Windows Logo key + P, select a display, and then press Enter.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02693833

Turn off the computer, and then connect the power cord.
Press and hold the Windows key and the B key at the same time, and then press and hold the power button for 2 to 3 seconds.
Release the Power button but continue pressing the Windows and B keys. You might hear a series of beeps.
The HP BIOS Update screen displays and the recovery begins automatically. Follow any on-screen prompts to continue the startup to complete the recovery.
HP BIOS Update recovery in progress

If the HP BIOS Update screen does not display, repeat the previous steps but press the Windows key and the V key. If the screen still does not display, your computer might not support the feature or there is a hard drive issue. Continue to the next step to install a BIOS recovery file from the HP website.
If the Power light turns off, the Power button was held too long. Repeat the previous steps, making sure to hold the button for only 2 to 3 seconds.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi

First:- Turn off the computer, press and hold the PWR button for 4 seconds.

Then - Leave only keyboard and mouse connected, disconnect all externally connected
devices such as Docking Station, USB storage devices, displays, and printers.
Unplug the AC adapter from the computer.

Next - Press and Hold the Power button for 15 seconds to Hard Reset.
Rinse and Repeat

AND/OR - Power on your PC, press Esc (repeatedly), then F2 at the prompt.
Choose System Tests (Fast Test does a 4 minute hardware check).

AND/OR - Windows Logo key + Ctrl + Shift + B
(This key sequence actually restarts you graphics drive(W10 only).)

AND/OR - If you’re using multiple displays, try projecting video to a different monitor.
Press the Windows Logo key + P, select a display, and then press Enter.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02693833

Turn off the computer, and then connect the power cord.
Press and hold the Windows key and the B key at the same time, and then press and hold the power button for 2 to 3 seconds.
Release the Power button but continue pressing the Windows and B keys. You might hear a series of beeps.
The HP BIOS Update screen displays and the recovery begins automatically. Follow any on-screen prompts to continue the startup to complete the recovery.
HP BIOS Update recovery in progress

If the HP BIOS Update screen does not display, repeat the previous steps but press the Windows key and the V key. If the screen still does not display, your computer might not support the feature or there is a hard drive issue. Continue to the next step to install a BIOS recovery file from the HP website.
If the Power light turns off, the Power button was held too long. Repeat the previous steps, making sure to hold the button for only 2 to 3 seconds.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help, it has fixed my computer thank you 

HP Recommended

Prego.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.