Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp Pavilion 17
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Laptop computer is unable to turn on.   Led light next to power connection is white and steady.   Hard reset is not effective.   Nor is removing motherboard battery.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Try taking the batt and power cable out and holding down the power button for 30 secs.

Then plugging back in and starting.

Let me know how you get on:)

HP Recommended

Thank you for responding, I really appreciate it.

I have removed the battery and the power cord.  I have held down the power button for over 30.  I have plugged the power cord in without replacing the battery.   Than I tried the power button again nothing.

I did the same sequence except I had the battery in when I attempted to turn it on again.   Nothing happened.

In fact, I actually tore the computer apart.   Removed the power cord and battery.   Opened the computer and reseated the memory and the motherboard battery. But still nothing.  

The only thing I can think of is that either the motherboard is fried or the adapter is not pumping enough juice at the right amount.  Unfortunately I cant test that theory cause I don't have another adapter.

I guess I am not sure why a computer would go from working perfectly to not turning on.   It powered off normally the night before.   It appears to be getting power.   The light on the network adapter blinks occasionally when its plugged in.  Yet i have done everything to get it to turn on.

Anyway.  Thank you again.  I do appreciate it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.