Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Touchsmart300-1000
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I need help getting my computer to start. It begins to load then go to a screen that states "Reboot and select proper Boot device or Insert Bott Media in selected Boot device and press a key."

I was able to get a diagnostic message that states "BIOHD-2" Verify drive cables are securely attached. I don't know what to do. Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Rocky

Please provide the specific model number. 300-1000 is a series of PC's made by HP. Your PC could be a Touchsmart 300-1007 or a 300-1000z.

I am very sorry to let you know your HDD has failed.

You will have to replace the HDD with a new similar size or larger HDD or equivalent sized SSD. You may want to go with an SSD for improved performance.

Do you have HP factory recovery discs or some other image backup (Microsoft or third party) so you can recover or move your factory operating system to the new drive?

Grzy

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi Rocky

Please provide the specific model number. 300-1000 is a series of PC's made by HP. Your PC could be a Touchsmart 300-1007 or a 300-1000z.

I am very sorry to let you know your HDD has failed.

You will have to replace the HDD with a new similar size or larger HDD or equivalent sized SSD. You may want to go with an SSD for improved performance.

Do you have HP factory recovery discs or some other image backup (Microsoft or third party) so you can recover or move your factory operating system to the new drive?

Grzy

HP Recommended
My computer is a model 300-1120. I am not familiar with the acronyms but am assuming the HDD is the hard disk drive. I truly appreciate your response. I don't know where the recovery disk is. We have moved 2 times in the last couple of years and I don't recall where I put it.
HP Recommended

Hi Rocky

HP does not offer recovery discs anymore but you can buy a set at Restoredisks.com.

You need to buy a hard disk drive or solid state drive equal to 500 GB and up to 2 TB to ensure the HP Factory recovery discs from Restoredisks works.

Your PC was manufactured in 2009. I am not sure if your motherboard supports AHCI. SSD's need AHCI to work correctly.

Maybe you should stick with a legacy hard disk drive.

Grzy

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.