Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion p6310y Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

The computer does not seem to want to wake up. It powers on but does not load into anything. When I flip on the computer screen, the monitor statues shows the that DVI and VGA are scanning but picking up no signal. The tower seems to no longer recognize any keyboards no matter what port that I connect to it, although mouses seem to still work but can't get a response out of the tower. Some fixes I tried was to clean out the ports, changing the DVI and VGA cable and trying different keyboards. None of these things did the trick.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@AutoBot1,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that the computer is not booting to Windows.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I recommend you follow the steps in the below article and check if it helps.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04718479

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello

The only fix I could try in that link was step 2. The rest of the fixes require the computer to be on. Again I think the computer is asleep or something and does not take commands from keyboards or mouses.

HP Recommended

@AutoBot1

Thank you for the update.

In that case, I would suggest you contact our phone support. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.