Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
06-10-2021 08:50 PM
Y would I ever buy another item from HP if HP will MILK me for repair costs that HP created ?
This is WRONG.
1. HP driver caused this problem
2. HP will NOT fix problems HP created
3. I was going to BUY another HP computer and keep this 1 as backup but not NOW if I cannot repair this
4. perfect good computer ruined due to HP $$$ grabbing attempt
5. LOST a customer over stupid BIOS update
6. TOLD 2 ppl that HP is better than DELL. Was I wrong ?
BIOS was corrupted with HP driver and I want a solution to fix it since USB does NOT work. https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-700-000-desktop-pc-series/5358989/model/536...
HP should create a FIX for this even files to placement on HD just to access the BIOS for WINDOWS 10 installation.
If I get this fixed I will buy another HP computer at the end of the yr.
It is stupid to loss a customer over a BIOS driver corruption that might be fixed with a few files/holders on the HD transferred by another computer.
06-15-2021 08:43 AM
If the USB recovery did not help, we have 2 options:
Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool
Click here to check the same. Download and install the HP Cloud Recovery Tool.
Or, let us try to roll back the BIOS:
- Firstly, remove the hard drive from the computer.
- Once the hard drive is removed turn on the computer without the hard drive- While booting as the computer doesn’t detect a hard drive so it’ll automatically rollback to the previous bios.
- Put the HDD back in and turn it ON. It might give an error about the improper shutdown. Just click continue and it should boot to windows.
Let me know how it goes.
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community