Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Compaq CQ2014
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Just in the last day or so, a "Windows Security Warning" dialog appears within seconds of system startup and desktop initialization. It says: "This page is accessing information that is not under its control. This could pose a security risk. Do you want to continue?"

Nothing else happens when I click either yes or no. I could, I imagine, turn off the warnings in, say, Internet Options, but I'd rather endeavour to find out what the cause is here. I've not installed any significant software from non-HP sources, and in fact removed one or two such items, obviously without effect.

Should I be taking this up with MS, or could this be the result of something an HP-standard item on here is doing? Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@RDFrable 

Under normal conditions (without virus) there are many services/programs will try to access your network from your computer and in many cases they will try to connect to internet to perform updates (for example). Some security software will ask you permission or warning you when it believes the program/service may cause damage for your machine.

Now, you need to know what is the program/service on the warning (the message should say which one) to work this out is it harmful or not.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I have it on very good authority that "RD" solved this issue by going into Internet Options in Windows Control Panel, and under Security, Internet Zone, Custom level, Miscellaneous, selecting "Disable" instead of "Prompt" under "Access data sources across domains"

The real truth is that we are the same person, having used the same email to have registered here at different times. This fact complicated my ability to sign in with the newer handle.

Thanks for all your help.

R.D. Frable
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.