Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi i have a HP desktop HP 280 G2, Desk Read error occurred.... I run F2 hardware diagnostics both long and short, both result is passed, still PC didn't boot to windows, what should i do next....?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

You will have to boot into the windows 10 repair as the boot sector has been corrupted.

Obtain a 16gb flash drive and borrow another computer

Download windows 10 installation media

Specify you are to use the tool on another computer, not the one doing the download

Select the windows version matching the one you have (windows 10 pro 64 bit ??)

create the USB recovery

put it into your computer and turn it on.  You may have to specify that the USB is to be used when booting and not the defective hard drive.

Try running the startup repair

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0_XuKg9kT8

if that does not work then post back here

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.