Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Omen HP 870-244
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Ok we have done all the trouble shooting to no avail. Computer power up but has a black screen, we took it to an authorized HP tech shpt Ubreakifix and they said it needed a motherboard but they don't do that type of repair. Spent a while with an HP rep on chat and they advised that and authorized service center has to do the repair and they do not sell the motherboard to individuals it can only be obtained through an authorized tech repair place. They sent me the information for the shop where I originally took the computer. I called the shop and they said they don't do repairs like that. Any advice is appreciated. since I am going in circles here.

[Personal Info Removed]

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

You are between a rock and a hard place if HP Support directed you to to an authorized service center that cannot replace the motherboard (MB).

Maybe you can get a replacement MB at eBay. The MB part number is 799926-602. This part number was obtained at HP Part Surfer (Link).

Amazon (Link) has a Thimphu MB but the part number (799926-001is different. I don't know if this will work with your chassis.

I would make sure you can return the MB to the seller if you try one of the above options.

It might be better to buy a new HP PC.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.