Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

@thefrank503wrote:

Hi,

most of the time when there is a 5 Red Light issue is becuase that some RAM is about to fail. but also there some other reason that you could be gettin RedLights.

Please check the following in your computer.

1- Check that all the sticks are properly seatting in the RAM slot

2- clean out every RAM Stick to make sure nothing is bothering the MB to read the stick

3- Reseat you CPU ( processor) and retry again

4 - Test RAM Stick 1 by 1 and found the defective one.

5- if all RAM Stick are good then test 1 by 1 RAM Slots and see if you dont have a bad Socket.

6- if you already try all this steps and the RAM sticks are OK then you might have a defective CPU(Processor) in my opinion and my best suggestion is that if you have a spare CPU(Processor) install it in the unit and try it. if that gets rid of the RedLights then you might have to change your processor.

Hope this Help

By reseating you mean remove and reinstall?

I've tried already and still not working. I removed all pheriperials, removed battery, removed Wi-Fi card, memory, everything possible except the monitor plug, fans and of course the power supply.

Still same thing, any other suggestion?

BiOS should run even without a memory stick right?

Thx

HP Recommended

ave a 

2018 HP Compaq Pro 6300 SFF Desktop, Intel Core I5-3470 3.2GHz up to 3.6GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2TB HDD, DVD,WIFI,HDMI, VGA,Display Port,Bluetooth 4.0,Windows 10 Professional 64 Bit all I did was remove a 2 th ram stick to replace it with a 4gb ram  same brand and everything like my other 4gb ram sticks even took out the other 2 gb ram to make sure all the slots matched perfectly  thought rams all were messed so used my i3 hp rams as they still worked after 5 years and now both pcs have 5 beeps every couple seconds and all the rams and slots are good I made sure to touch case so no static clean hands etc idk what my issue is I regret touching my rams
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.