Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP PAVILLION 550-126
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Installed an HP Pavillion 550-126 PC with Windows 10.  I connected the monitor from my old Pavillion PC (2009) model which is an HP 2009m.  The HP 2009m monitor had a DVI coonection so I bought a DVI to HDMI adapter to connect to the new Pavillion 550-126.  During the startup the monitor does not show anything.  It takes a long time (5-10 minutes) before the log-on page shows up.  During the startup I have pressed the Source  button on the HP 2009m monitor and it comes up with a block that says "Check Vidoe Cable", the block comes on that that says DVI is Scanning, then changes to Active Digital.  I am trying to figure out if the issue is that fact I am using an DVI to HDMI Adapter or if there is something else going on - or do I need to get a monitor that  has a direct HDMI to HDMI connection.

Thanks for the help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It is the adapter.

If you would like the video to appear quickly, you will need a more modern display.

Yours is an old school LCD type vice a modern LED type.

Fortunately, more modern displays generally have an HDMI input.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

It is the adapter.

If you would like the video to appear quickly, you will need a more modern display.

Yours is an old school LCD type vice a modern LED type.

Fortunately, more modern displays generally have an HDMI input.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help!!!!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.