4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Desktop PC Start Up Monitor Issue

HP Recommended
HP PAVILLION 550-126
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Installed an HP Pavillion 550-126 PC with Windows 10.  I connected the monitor from my old Pavillion PC (2009) model which is an HP 2009m.  The HP 2009m monitor had a DVI coonection so I bought a DVI to HDMI adapter to connect to the new Pavillion 550-126.  During the startup the monitor does not show anything.  It takes a long time (5-10 minutes) before the log-on page shows up.  During the startup I have pressed the Source  button on the HP 2009m monitor and it comes up with a block that says "Check Vidoe Cable", the block comes on that that says DVI is Scanning, then changes to Active Digital.  I am trying to figure out if the issue is that fact I am using an DVI to HDMI Adapter or if there is something else going on - or do I need to get a monitor that  has a direct HDMI to HDMI connection.

Thanks for the help.

2 REPLIES 2
erico
Level 17
Level 17
47,961 42,200 4,644 12,411
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It is the adapter.

If you would like the video to appear quickly, you will need a more modern display.

Yours is an old school LCD type vice a modern LED type.

Fortunately, more modern displays generally have an HDMI input.

I am not an HP Employee.
gb20
Author
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the help!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation