4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Desktop PC Start Up Monitor Issue

HP PAVILLION 550-126
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Installed an HP Pavillion 550-126 PC with Windows 10.  I connected the monitor from my old Pavillion PC (2009) model which is an HP 2009m.  The HP 2009m monitor had a DVI coonection so I bought a DVI to HDMI adapter to connect to the new Pavillion 550-126.  During the startup the monitor does not show anything.  It takes a long time (5-10 minutes) before the log-on page shows up.  During the startup I have pressed the Source  button on the HP 2009m monitor and it comes up with a block that says "Check Vidoe Cable", the block comes on that that says DVI is Scanning, then changes to Active Digital.  I am trying to figure out if the issue is that fact I am using an DVI to HDMI Adapter or if there is something else going on - or do I need to get a monitor that  has a direct HDMI to HDMI connection.

Thanks for the help.

2 REPLIES 2
Level 17
Level 17
46,728 40,989 4,453 11,591
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

It is the adapter.

If you would like the video to appear quickly, you will need a more modern display.

Yours is an old school LCD type vice a modern LED type.

Fortunately, more modern displays generally have an HDMI input.

Post any other questions you have in your thread.
You can click on accept as solution if my post or reply was the information you needed to resolve your issue.
You can say thanks if my reply helped by clicking on the blue thumbs up+.
gb20
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Thanks for the help!!!!!!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation