1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Desktop does not show boot options with esc,f2,f8,f9,f10,f11,f12,del keys

HP Recommended
HP Compaq DX2480
Microsoft Windows Vista

Hi Members,

I have an old Windows Vista PC with me and I want to get into BIOS settings of the PC.

Model Number : DX2480 Business Desktop PC.

Configuration : Core 2 Duo E7500 processor, Intel G33 Chipset, 250GB SATA, 2 GB DDR2

Desktop's own 1.44 MB Diskette and DVD RW is not working. I have USB DVD RW with it connected.

I tried getting into BIOS using all probable key combinations : F1, F2, F9,F10,F11,F12, ESC, DEL. None of them worked. Infact, the computer stops to respond and I have switch off and start over again. 

Pressing F8 directly shows me Windows Boot Options.

I have downloaded BIOS Update from HP Support Center but it needs 1.44 MB Diskette to burn the .iso file which unfortunately I do not have.

I tried searching for Intel G33 chipset drivers for Windows Vista but no luck there as well.

Questions : 

1. Can I change boot options from Windows ?

2. Is there any other way to burn .iso file of BIOS update onto my USB drive ? I would still need to change boot sequence.

3. How can I check if fastboot is enabled for the system. I do not see any such option on System Configuration ?

4. Will System Reset help me gain access to BIOS in any way ?

5. What are the other settings that I need to check/change ?

Comments and suggestions are appreciated.

Thank You.

Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation