Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here
I have an old Windows Vista PC with me and I want to get into BIOS settings of the PC.
Model Number : DX2480 Business Desktop PC.
Configuration : Core 2 Duo E7500 processor, Intel G33 Chipset, 250GB SATA, 2 GB DDR2
Desktop's own 1.44 MB Diskette and DVD RW is not working. I have USB DVD RW with it connected.
I tried getting into BIOS using all probable key combinations : F1, F2, F9,F10,F11,F12, ESC, DEL. None of them worked. Infact, the computer stops to respond and I have switch off and start over again.
Pressing F8 directly shows me Windows Boot Options.
I have downloaded BIOS Update from HP Support Center but it needs 1.44 MB Diskette to burn the .iso file which unfortunately I do not have.
I tried searching for Intel G33 chipset drivers for Windows Vista but no luck there as well.
1. Can I change boot options from Windows ?
2. Is there any other way to burn .iso file of BIOS update onto my USB drive ? I would still need to change boot sequence.
3. How can I check if fastboot is enabled for the system. I do not see any such option on System Configuration ?
4. Will System Reset help me gain access to BIOS in any way ?
5. What are the other settings that I need to check/change ?
Comments and suggestions are appreciated.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Ask the community