Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Compaq DX2480
Microsoft Windows Vista

Hi Members,

I have an old Windows Vista PC with me and I want to get into BIOS settings of the PC.

Model Number : DX2480 Business Desktop PC.

Configuration : Core 2 Duo E7500 processor, Intel G33 Chipset, 250GB SATA, 2 GB DDR2

Desktop's own 1.44 MB Diskette and DVD RW is not working. I have USB DVD RW with it connected.

I tried getting into BIOS using all probable key combinations : F1, F2, F9,F10,F11,F12, ESC, DEL. None of them worked. Infact, the computer stops to respond and I have switch off and start over again. 

Pressing F8 directly shows me Windows Boot Options.

I have downloaded BIOS Update from HP Support Center but it needs 1.44 MB Diskette to burn the .iso file which unfortunately I do not have.

I tried searching for Intel G33 chipset drivers for Windows Vista but no luck there as well.

Questions : 

1. Can I change boot options from Windows ?

2. Is there any other way to burn .iso file of BIOS update onto my USB drive ? I would still need to change boot sequence.

3. How can I check if fastboot is enabled for the system. I do not see any such option on System Configuration ?

4. Will System Reset help me gain access to BIOS in any way ?

5. What are the other settings that I need to check/change ?

Comments and suggestions are appreciated.

Thank You.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.