Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 750-170se
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, just two days ago my computer went to sleep and since then I have not been able to turn it back on.

At first I tried hitting keys but nothing worked. Since the monitor showed no signal for the VGA connectors, I tried reconnecting them. Still, the PC power button light was on, so I tried to turn it off then on. However, once the desktop seemed to turn off completely, I could not turn it on at all. The green LED light on the back was still there but nothing seemed to get it to turn back on. 

I have tried moving around RAM, replacing the CMOS battery, and did the paper clip test for the PSU (which it passed), but I'm still thinking that it's most likely the motherboard and the PSU. The PSU also occasionally turns on after using the paper clip, but that's the only component that does. 

This computer isn't too old and I do not really run anything crazy so I just do not understand why this happened. I've also never seen a BSOD and the computer has not really run into any issues before this. Since there are some files that I may want to retreive, I'm not sure if whether this is an issue in which I can fix by replacing a few parts, or would I have to either pay for someone to fix or to just get an entirely new desktop.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on what I can do?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

After replacing the GPU my computer finally turned on with no issues! I have also replaced my PSU as well and my computer has been working normally for this past week. 

Although I will have to buy an adapter for the CD-ROM but I'm fine without it for now. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@guest9878971
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue.

This sounds like hardware related issue and computer needs to be serviced in order to fix the issue.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options for your desktop.
HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: 
www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello, just an update here.

Thank you for the suggestion, but unfortunately,  I have been occupied in these past two weeks so I have just resorted to using an older PC while putting the other one aside.

However, I had some time this week and decided to take apart my PC. Long story short, I think the GPU is the issue and needs to be replaced. With it removed, my computer turns on, and upon inspection it does look worn down. Plus, my issue had originally started with the VGA having no signal.  Now I'm looking into compatitble GPU's and possibly PSU's in hopes of fixing my computer.

HP Recommended

After replacing the GPU my computer finally turned on with no issues! I have also replaced my PSU as well and my computer has been working normally for this past week. 

Although I will have to buy an adapter for the CD-ROM but I'm fine without it for now. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.