Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envey TE01-0150xt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to disable secure boot. I've gone into the bios and disabled secure boot and save and exit, then I get a screen that tells me to enter this code for verification. It was a seven number code but none of the number pads work . I use the number pad and get nothing or use the numbers up top of the keyboard and they don't work. I guess I'm doing something wrong and need some advice. I have an HP Envey TE01-0150xt.

Any day above the grass is a Great Day!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

hi

you can't see the code you type:

https://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c04784866

f an Operating System Boot Mode Change message displays, type the code shown, and then press Enter to start Windows.
note:
Make sure you type the code correctly. There is no text field to see what you are typing. This is expected behavior.
--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

hi

you can't see the code you type:

https://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c04784866

f an Operating System Boot Mode Change message displays, type the code shown, and then press Enter to start Windows.
note:
Make sure you type the code correctly. There is no text field to see what you are typing. This is expected behavior.
--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

If I want to change to Legacy mode I can do that also in the bios. I see that it was the next line up from the secure boot and is there any special advice when I do that?

Any day above the grass is a Great Day!
HP Recommended

Check the given link .. but it seems to me that yes

choose the mode and then validate

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.