Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Disabling secure boot

I want to disable secure boot in my HP Compaq 510 lap for some reason but I don't found any option to disable it , I searched each and every platform only but can't get done 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 12
7,444 7,412 310 663
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Disabling secure boot

Hi

If the BIOS does not have the option, then it cant be done.

You could try wiping the hard disk and formatting as Legacy / MBR.

Any specific reason for wanting Legacy boot?

A Nod Is As Good As a Wink...
Lil_Boy_Blue

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Disabling secure boot

I want to install Phoenix os and play pubg , which is in 2 version 7.1 and 5.1.1 , I installed 5.1.1 and it installed with one click but when I am playing on this version game is not running it keep saying unfortunately pubg mobile is stopped and when I try to install 7.1 version , while booting it's says ACPI exception is not found , evaluating prs and next it show Phoenix os found in sda 2 after that it take a restart and open normally window and if i try to open it again it keep repeating same , I tried in Lenovo flex 10 which is a UEFI boot system and it worked on that please help me in my laptop why is it happening in Compaq 510
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation