Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Hp Pavilion 23-b 244-All in one desktop

I have an error code once I attempt to turn my PC on. (Error: No boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed.) It worked perfectly before. Not understanding what happened. Just wondering if it is a simple explanation or fix. Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

The typical reason is that the hard drive has failed.  BUT used the built-in diagnostics to verify the hard drive has failed. As soon as the start button is pressed, start tapping Esc key.  Continue tapping Esc key until a popup menu opens.  Then pick diagnostic  F2.  If the hard drive passes that, then check all other media sources are empty.  Perhaps try the repair function from the Windows install media.  Was this PC upgraded to Windows 10 or is it still Windows 8?

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.