Pavillion 590-p0045
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

System:                   HP Pavillion 590-p0045  Desktop PC

Installed RAM:     8.00 GB

System Type:      64-bit operating system, x64 based processor

Windows Edition:  Windows 10 Home

Verson: 2004      

OS build:  19041.153

I recently installed Windows 8.1 as a secondary Operating System so I now have a “Dual Boot” setup on the Computer.

Windows 10 is chosen and shows as the Default OS.

System boots up normally and the CHOOSE OS appears with both systems shown.

If I choose Windows 10, system boots up to Windows 10 sign in screen quickly and all is well.

If I choose Windows 8.1, the RECOVERY Screen appears with the 0xc000000e error, PC needs to be repaired, etc.

IMG_6783.JPG

I choose ESC for UEFI settings and the START UP Screen appears and I choose F-11

IMG_6784.JPG

I choose F-11 from the START UP  Screen Box and the CHOOSE AN OPTION Screen appears

IMG_6785.JPG

I choose CHOOSE USE ANOTHER OPERATING SYSTEM and THE "CHOOSE  USE ANOTHER OPERATING SYSTEM SCREEN" appears and I then choose win 8.1

IMG_6786.JPG

Windows 8.1 Boots up normally.

I have reviewed the Windows Boot Manager file and it seems to be OK but I am not certain.

BCD EDIT.jpg

BCD Volume List.jpg

It seems that the Win 8.1 should boot up normally if chosen from the initial screen.

I reviewed and tried several solutions from this forum but none “fixed” the problem. At this point I can only Boot to the Win 8.1 FROM the System Recovery window  Startup/F-11/Choose An Option/Use Another Operating System/Choose an operating system/ Win10 or win 8.1

Any help will be appreciated.

Capnbob   3/30/2020

capnbobL1011@comcast.net

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation