Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I have not experienced the freezing episodes for the last 3 weeks.  I don't know what the exact things that mitigated or resolved it. I've left the PC running over nights and used it during many hours. I am optimistic that the problem has been resolved.  I noticed that there were automatic updates on my machine before the problem went away. The following drivers updates were performed on my machine: 

• Intel System 2031.15.0.1743
  • Realtek - MEDIA - 1.1.142.3
  • Realtek 2024.0.10.219

After these updates, I noticed the problem started to go away. Since then, there have been a bunch of other automatic updates on Realtek, HP software on my machine.  So, my advice is to download all the updates to your machine, especially those updates mentioned above. 

HP Recommended

I have bad news.  I was confident that the problem was solved when I commented last time.  I had been using MS Edge browser (I uninstalled Chrome when I was troubleshooting at the first notice of the problem).  I was confident that the freezing problem was resolved because I didn't have any problems for a long time. So I went ahead and reinstall Chrome browser.  Right about after using Chrome browser for about 10 minutes, the PC froze.  The exact problem came back.  After a couple of hard re-booting, I un-installed Chrome, rebooted a couple of times.  The freezing episodes persisted.  I finally turned it off.  

So, I turned it on this morning. I was going to write about this to update you guys again.  it froze once more. Apparently, something is still wrong.  I wonder what Chrome did to my PC that re-started the whole thing.

HP - Please look into this.  That is my PC symptoms. You'll diagnose and let us know.

HP Recommended

I am so sorry to hear that, Lktruong. I wish there was a way you could have HP take this defective product back and refund you your money. It's awful that they continue to sell this product when it's obviously defective. Shameful, really.

Good luck - I'm pulling for you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.