Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteOne 1000 G2 27-in 4K UHD
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My Elite one twice randomly shutdown yesterday.  I could only restart it by pulling the power lead and plugging in again.  The fan seems to be on pretty much constantly so not sure if its an overheating issue.

I have a secondary problem in that sometimes when the PC goes into sleep mode after a period of inactivity I cannot restart it and the only option is to un plug the power lead.

Any help much appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I have this exact problem with my HP Pavillion after installing the Windows 10 feature update  20H2. Try rolling that update back. This fixes it until Microsoft pushes that update again.

HP Recommended

Thanks.  That makes sense as problems started around then.  I think you have to roll an update back within 10 days so not sure that is an option for me now?

HP Recommended

i have the same problem its not your computer its the last hp update thats the problem my computer randomly shuts down when im inactive i have to leave a game on at all times so it doesnt shut down its a bandade fix i hope they fix this in the next patch if they wont i have to look up a way to downgrade the hp update ps this is the last time i update something from hp if it isn't broken dont fix it

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.